She is also the author of the new book, How Can We Make Manufacturing Sexy? And she joined us to talk about her new book…
SHOW NOTES + HIGHLIGHTS:
1. Bringing the human aspect back to manufacturing.
2. Importance of closing the communication gap.
3. How CAN we make manufacturing sexy?
4. What are we talking about here? Making a future career in manufacturing sexy? Making existing companies in the industry sexy? Or both?
5. Much work to be done in changing perceptions about manufacturing. It is, actually, very exciting to work in manufacturing today, with new technologies, cleaner factories, etc. Manufacturers themselves have to tell a better story…
6. How important is internal communications?
7. What else can we do to demonstrate to young people about the exciting future of manufacturing?
8. What kind of reaction is she getting from the old-school veterans of the manufacturing space, about a message of making manufacturing SEXY?
9. Is increasing productivity sexy?
10. “Every member of the team is responsible to making manufacturing sexy. Not just executives.”
12. You can purchase Karin’s book here (affiliate link):
To be notified by email when a new show featuring a cool, hip manufacturer (like the one above) is published, join our mailing list here!
Or subscribe to our show in iTunes here. If you enjoyed the show, please leave a comment and a positive customer rating too. Much appreciated!
Thanks for listening!