[If you are viewing by email, please click here to listen]
Today we had the pleasure of speaking with two individuals that are helping keep America’s work force comfortable. We welcomed to the show James DeSmet and Christian Taber, Director of Engineering and Operations Senior Applications Engineer (respectively) of Big Ass Fans. Big Ass Fans manufactures large fans for both commercial and residential situations providing the latest offerings in thermal comfort. As we learned during today’s conversation, these are not your standard fans and the technology and research that goes into developing these products is simply fascinating.
SHOW NOTES AND HIGHLIGHTS:
- We learn about both James and Christian’s backgrounds and what led them to Big Ass Fans.
- The ideal commercial applications of using Fans versus Air Conditioning.
- Can fans help with heating also?
- How can fans be used in conjunction with a forced air system to provide cost savings?
- We dig into the research and technology that goes into designing these fans.
- Can a fan be both highly efficient and aesthetically pleasing?
- We dicuss lighting and additional fan options.
- Big Ass Fans is about to hit a major organizational milestone. Listen to find out about it!
- Fans with Misting Systems, when and why these are useful.
- Company culture and why Big Ass Fans has got it figured out.
This was a fun and informative interview with a unique manufacturer. Listen to hear about their reusable pallets and the fun story about how they are being used. This is a great company that shared some really interesting knowledge with us.
To be notified by email when a new show featuring industry experts is published, join our mailing list here!
Or subscribe to our show in iTunes here. If you enjoyed the show, please leave a comment and a positive customer rating too. Much appreciated!
Thanks for listening!